The best way to figure out whether a law school is right for you is to get to know the campus and the community. We invite you to visit McGeorge to take a campus tour, sit in on a first-year class, or both. We also offer a number of on campus information sessions, webinars and open houses each year. If you cannot make it to our campus we will host webinars, or will be in an area near you very soon. Each year, members of McGeorge JD admissions team attend graduate and law school fairs and law school forums across the country. Take a look at our recruitment calendar and find out where you can come meet us.
Chat with Us Live
Please click on the "Chat with us" bubble at the bottom of the page to engage in a live chat with our admissions officers.
- Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. and from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Tuesday and Thursday from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and from 3:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Admissions Events (Information Sessions, Workshops and Open Houses)
Note: All times are PST
- Oct. 10 — Mock Admissions Panel | From 10 a.m. to noon
- Oct. 20 — Financing your Legal Education with the Financial Aid Office | From noon to 1 p.m. and from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Nov. 10 — Part 1 of Elements of an Application Series (EAS): Personal Statements/Adversity Statements/Diversity Statements | From noon to 1 p.m. and from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Nov. 17 — Part 2 of Elements of an Application Series (EAS): Letters of Recommendation | From noon to 1 p.m. and from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Nov. 20 — Open House Introductions and Social Event | At 6 p.m.
- Nov. 21 — Open House | From 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Nov. 24 — Part 3 of Elements of an Application Series (EAS): Resumes | From noon to 1 p.m. and from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Dec. 3 — Diversity: It’s not What you Think it Is | From noon to 1 p.m. and from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Dec. 10 — Get to Know McGeorge (focus on concentrations, programs, degrees, clinics and centers) | From noon to 1 p.m. and from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Dec. 17 — Before You Hit Submit | From noon to 1 p.m. and from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m.
East Meets West Coast Law Consortium
- Before you Hit Submit — Nov. 18 from 3 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. | Registration TBA
- You’ve Applied, Now What? — Jan. 12 | Registration TBA
- Hear From Our Students Across the Coast — Feb. 24 | Registration TBA
West Coast Consortium of Private Law Schools (WCC) Virtual Law School Fairs
- WCC Diversity and Academic Support Panels and a Law School Fair – Saturday, Oct. 24 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. | Register
- WCC Navigating the Law School Application Process for System Involved Applicants – Friday, Oct. 30, from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. | Register
- WCC Financing your Legal Education & Law Student Panel – Thursday, Nov. 12, from 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. | Register
- WCC Navigating Fit in a Virtual World Panel & Law Fair – Tuesday, Dec. 15 from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. | Register (TBA)
Our Response to Covid-19 Issues
The McGeorge community appreciates your continued interest in our law school. We know that there is a great deal of uncertainty around the world at this time, but we want to assure you that our commitment to making the law school admissions process a positive experience has not changed. The JD admissions team will continue to be available to provide guidance and assistance in a variety of ways.
We have had to make a few adjustments. The well-being of our entire McGeorge community is a priority and so is yours. In response to Covid-19 issues, and in an attempt to mitigate the spread of the virus, we will be unable to accommodate in-person visits. The University of the Pacific, including McGeorge School of Law, transitioned to a remote instruction model Monday, March 23, 2020. While there will be no in-person classes to visit, we will be making video clips of select first year classes available to individuals interested in viewing our in-class experience. Send us an email if you would like a link to a class.
We have recently launched a live chat feature as well, which you can see here at the bottom of the page. Please find us online on Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 9 a.m. until 11 a.m. and again from 3 p.m. until 5 p.m. On Tuesday and Thursday, we will be available from 9:30 a.m. until 11:30 a.m. and again from 3:30 p.m. until 5:30 p.m. You can also check out our Virtual Viewbook to hear from our faculty, alumni, staff and students.
You should also know that we will conduct counseling by appointment only, and will be done either over the phone or via Zoom. You should email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule this and for any other admissions related questions or concerns. We are unable to do campus tours, however a virtual tour of our campus is available for your convenience. We encourage you to visit our web page dedicated to Covid-19 for the most up-to-date information on University of the Pacific’s response.
Other ways to meet us
McGeorge JD Admissions
Email | 916.739.7105