The best way to figure out whether a law school is right for you is to get to know the campus and the community. We invite you to visit McGeorge to take a campus tour, sit in on a first-year class, or both. We also offer a number of on campus information sessions, webinars and open houses each year. If you cannot make it to our campus we will host webinars, or will be in an area near you very soon. Each year, members of McGeorge JD admissions team attend graduate and law school fairs and law school forums across the country. Take a look at our recruitment calendar and find out where you can come meet us.
Chat with Us Live
Please click on the "Chat with us" bubble at the bottom of the page to engage in a live chat with our admissions officers.
- Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. and from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Tuesday and Thursday from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and from 3:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Admissions Events (Information Sessions, Workshops and Open Houses)
Note: All times are PST
- July 20 — The Resume | From 5 p.m. to 6 p.m. | Register
- Aug. 4 — Diversity Equity & Inclusion: How to Maintain Your Wellness and Mindfulness Throughout Law School | From 4 p.m. to 5 p.m. | Register
- Sept. 7 — Waitlist Information Session | From 5 p.m. to 6 p.m. | By Invitation Only
East Meets West Coast Law Consortium
- April 20 — Hidden Secrets of the Admissions Process | From 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. | Register here
West Coast Consortium of Private Law Schools (WCC) Virtual Law School Fairs
- July 27 — Why Law School and Application Tips & Law Fair | From 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. | Registration
Pathways and Pipeline Events
- March 25 — Finding your Future: Mapping Your Route to a Career in the Legal Profession | From 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. | Register
- June 9 — Boardrooms, Classrooms, Courtrooms and Beyond: An Inside Look Into a Degree of Opportunity | From 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. | Register
CLEO ASAP: Council on Legal Education Opportunity Inc., Achieving Success in the Application Process
- June 25 & 26 — Hosted by New York Law School (New York, NY)
- July 9 & 10 — Hosted by American University Washington College of Law (Washington, D.C.)
- July 23 & 24 — Hosted by Golden Gate University School of Law (San Francisco, CA)
- July 30 & 31 — Hosted by The University of Chicago Law School (Chicago, IL). Friday: Welcome, Program Overview & Virtual Social Hour. Saturday: Full ASAP Program with Law School Experts
Our Response to Covid-19 Issues
The McGeorge community appreciates your continued interest in our law school. We know that there is a great deal of uncertainty around the world at this time, but we want to assure you that our commitment to making the law school admissions process a positive experience has not changed. The JD admissions team will continue to be available to provide guidance and assistance in a variety of ways.
We have had to make a few adjustments. The well-being of our entire McGeorge community is a priority and so is yours. In response to Covid-19 issues, and in an attempt to mitigate the spread of the virus, we will be unable to accommodate in-person visits. The University of the Pacific, including McGeorge School of Law, transitioned to a remote instruction model Monday, March 23, 2020. While there will be no in-person classes to visit, we will be making video clips of select first year classes available to individuals interested in viewing our in-class experience. Send us an email if you would like a link to a class.
We have recently launched a live chat feature as well, which you can see here at the bottom of the page. Please find us online on Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 9 a.m. until 11 a.m. and again from 3 p.m. until 5 p.m. On Tuesday and Thursday, we will be available from 9:30 a.m. until 11:30 a.m. and again from 3:30 p.m. until 5:30 p.m. You can also check out our Virtual Viewbook to hear from our faculty, alumni, staff and students.
You should also know that we will conduct counseling by appointment only, and will be done either over the phone or via Zoom. You should email email@example.com to schedule this and for any other admissions related questions or concerns. We are unable to do campus tours, however a virtual tour of our campus is available for your convenience. We encourage you to visit our web page dedicated to Covid-19 for the most up-to-date information on University of the Pacific’s response.