2002 March Initiatives
- Proposition 40 — The California Clean Water, Clean Air, and Safe Neighborhood Parks, and Coastal Protection Act of 2002. (initiative passed)
- Proposition 41 — Voting Modernization Bond Act of 2002. (initiative passed)
- Proposition 42 — Turning Highway Robbery into Highway Relief. (initiative passed)
- Proposition 43 — The Right to Have Your Vote Counted. (initiative passed)
- Proposition 44 — Chiropractors. Unprofessional Conduct. Legislative Initiative Amendment. (initiative passed)
- Proposition 45 — Legislative Term Limits. Local Voter Petitions. (initiative did not pass)
For the complete text of the above initiatives, visit the California Secretary of State's website at www.sos.ca.gov
The March 2002 Initiative Reviews were prepared under the supervision of Mary-Beth Moylan, Instructor of Legal Process, for the Capital Center for Government and Policy/Governmental Affairs Program.
The views expressed herein are solely the views of the authors and do not necessarily represent the opinion of the McGeorge School of Law.