All registered students at McGeorge hold membership in its Student Bar Association (SBA). The SBA serves as a forum for student interests and concerns and it sponsors a number of school-wide events throughout the year including the Welcome Back BBQ, Halfway There Party and Barrister's Ball. The SBA also organizes and oversees several student committees, including: Alumni Relations, Orientation, Elections, Peer-Mentorship, Sports and Activities, Barrister's Ball, Sustainability, Community Service and Diversity. Additionally, the SBA cooperates with the Registered Student Organizations (RSOs), which sponsor their own activities.
The SBA is administered by a student-elected Board of Governors comprised of the SBA President, Day and Evening Division Vice-Presidents, Secretary, Treasurer, a Representative for each class year (i.e., 1D, 2D, etc.), and an Masters Representative. The SBA Board appoints student representatives to several of McGeorge's standing committees to ensure student input is accounted for in faculty and administrative policy decisions. The President of the SBA is invited to attend and participate in faculty meetings.
Each spring, SBA Board elections are held for the following year. First-year classes elect their representatives shortly after the fall semester begins. In late spring, the SBA selects students to serve on its student committees for the following year. Further information about the SBA and its activities may be obtained by contacting the current SBA President or your class representative.
Additionally, you may refer to the McGeorge SBA Canvas Page or join our weekly meetings.
SBA Board of Governors 2022-2023
- Kameron Rogers — President
- Zach Ayre — Vice President, Day Division
- Jes Dickson — Vice President, Evening Division
- Sarah Bridges — Secretary
- Citlali Perez — Treasurer
- Isabelle Carmichael — Community Outreach Chair
- Valentina Martinez-Rodriguez — Diversity Chair
- Maria Zuniga Rocha — Master's Representative
- Christopher Toland — 3D Representative
- Mara Aldajani — 4E Representative
- Vacant — 3E Representative
- Shannon McInnes — 2D Representative
- Vacant — 2E Representative
- Vacant — 1D, Section A Representative
- Vacant — 1D, Section B Representative
- Vacant — 1E Representative