All registered students at McGeorge hold membership in its Student Bar Association. The SBA serves as a forum for student interests and concerns and it sponsors a number of school-wide events throughout the year including the Halfway There Party and Barrister's Ball. The SBA also organizes and oversees several student committees, including: Orientation, Community Garden, Elections, Mentorship, Intramural Sports, Barrister's Ball, Sustainability, Community Service and Diversity. Additionally, the SBA cooperates with the Chartered Student Organizations, which sponsor their own activities.
The SBA is administered by a student-elected Board of Governors comprised of the SBA President, Day and Evening Division Vice-Presidents, Secretary, Treasurer, a Representative for each class year (i.e., 1D, 2D, etc.), and an At-Large Representative. The SBA Board appoints student representatives to several of McGeorge's standing committees to insure student input to faculty and administrative policy decisions. The President of the SBA is invited to attend and participate in faculty meetings.
Each spring, SBA Board elections are held for the following year. In late spring, the SBA selects students to serve on its student committees for the following year. First-year classes elect their representatives shortly after the fall semester begins. Further information about the SBA and its activities may be obtained by contacting the current SBA President or your class representative.
SBA Board of Governors 2021-2022
- Michael Crisostomo — President
- Ryan Sefidpour — Vice President, Day Division
- Tyler Richardson — Vice President, Evening Division
- Lovia Ofori-Ampofo — Treasurer
- Brenna Hatcher — Secretary
- Zach Bonney — Representative at Large
- Isaiah Crockran — 4E Representative
- Justin Lee — 3D Representative
- Vacant — 3E Representative
- Payton Hagyard — 2D Representative
- Jes Dickson — 2E Representative
- Mariya Ahmadi — 1D, Section A Representative
- Kameron Rogers — 1D, Section B Representative
- Matthew Munoz — 1E Representative
- Krishma Malhotra — Community Outreach Chair
- Michael Dastas — Diversity Chair
Contact the SBA General Mailbox.