The best way to figure out whether a law school is right for you is to get to know the campus and the community. We invite you to visit McGeorge to take a campus tour, sit in on a first-year class, or both. We also offer a number of on campus information sessions, webinars and open houses each year. If you cannot make it to our campus we will host webinars, or will be in an area near you very soon. Each year, members of McGeorge JD admissions team attend graduate and law school fairs and law school forums across the country. Take a look at our recruitment calendar and find out where you can come meet us.
Chat with Us Live
Please click on the "Chat with us" bubble at the bottom of the page to engage in a live chat with our admissions officers.
- Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. and from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Tuesday and Thursday from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and from 3:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Admissions Events (Information Sessions, Workshops and Open Houses)
Note: All times are PST
- Sept. 21 — General Information Session | From 5 p.m. to 6 p.m. | Register
- Sept. 28 — Reapplicant Information Session | From 5 p.m. to 6 p.m. | Register
- Oct. 5 — Mindfulness and Test Anxiety Before the LSAT | From 5 p.m. to 6 p.m. | Register
- Oct. 12 — Admissions & Financial Aid Information Session | From 5 p.m. to 6 p.m. | Register
- Oct. 13 — Character and Fitness Information Session | From 4 p.m. to 5 p.m. | Register
- Oct. 26 — General Information Session | From 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. | Register
- Nov. 11 — Communication, Engagement, and Professionalism in the Application Process | From 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. | Registration TBA
- Nov. 20 — McGeorge Open House | From 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. | Registration TBA
East Meets West Coast Law Consortium
- Aug. 18 — Navigating the Application Process During Uncertain Times | From 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. | Registration
- Sept. 22 — Casting a Wide Net (Student Panel) | From 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. | Registration
- Oct. 27 — Financial Aid | From 3:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. | Registration TBA
- Dec. 1 — Before You Hit Submit & Market Update | From 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. | Registration TBA
West Coast Consortium of Private Law Schools (WCC) Virtual Law School Fairs
- Sept. 18 — Mock Admissions Committee & Law Fair | From 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. | Registration
- Sept. 27 — Pre-Law Advisors Event | From 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. | Registration TBA
- Oct. 13 — Diversity/ASP/1G Student Panel & Law Fair | From 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. | Registration TBA
- Oct. 28 — System-impacted applicants and "do I need an addendum for that?" Panel & Law Fair | From 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. | Registration
- Nov. 18 — Financing Your Legal Education & Law Student Panel | From 5 p.m. to 6:15 p.m. | Registration TBA
- Dec. 11 — Non-Traditional Students (CSO Panel and Student Panel) | From 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. | Registration TBA
McGeorge School of Law Sacramento Legal Employer Diversity Collective Pathway Project Events
A visionary program, the McGeorge School of Law Sacramento Legal Employer Diversity Collective Pathway Project is designed to provide a look into law school and the legal profession, as well as create opportunities for students at all levels of undergraduate education to envision and consider the law as a professional aspiration. Undergraduate students participating in “Collective” events will interact with law school administration and faculty, current law school students, and legal professionals with varied legal expertise and years of professional experience. Participating students will also receive the benefit of hearing first-hand from law school admissions professionals, current students, and law school graduates about achieving success in the application process and all the opportunities that will be available to them as law students and as professionals.
- Sept. 15 — Voting Rights | Learn about voting rights policy and issues from a McGeorge faculty expert. Participants will then engage in a virtual exercise led by experienced attorneys and current law students designed to encourage discussion and debate regarding an important voting rights policy issue. | From 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. | Register
- Nov. 17 — Equity, Accuracy, and Representation: What should be taught in K-12 education | What should be taught in the K-12 classroom is a timely and critical national issue. Join us and hear from students who are working on policy issues related to this topic. Participants will work in small virtual groups led by current students and alumni experts and leave with newly developed skills in drafting position papers and/or policy statements. At the conclusion of the event participants will leave with a tangible piece of work. | From 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. | Register
CLEO ASAP: Council on Legal Education Opportunity Inc., Achieving Success in the Application Process
Our Response to Covid-19 Issues
The McGeorge community appreciates your continued interest in our law school. We know that there is a great deal of uncertainty around the world at this time, but we want to assure you that our commitment to making the law school admissions process a positive experience has not changed. The JD admissions team will continue to be available to provide guidance and assistance in a variety of ways.
We have had to make a few adjustments. The well-being of our entire McGeorge community is a priority and so is yours. In response to Covid-19 issues, and in an attempt to mitigate the spread of the virus, we will be unable to accommodate in-person visits. The University of the Pacific, including McGeorge School of Law, transitioned to a remote instruction model Monday, March 23, 2020. While there will be no in-person classes to visit, we will be making video clips of select first year classes available to individuals interested in viewing our in-class experience. Send us an email if you would like a link to a class.
We have recently launched a live chat feature as well, which you can see here at the bottom of the page. Please find us online on Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 9 a.m. until 11 a.m. and again from 3 p.m. until 5 p.m. On Tuesday and Thursday, we will be available from 9:30 a.m. until 11:30 a.m. and again from 3:30 p.m. until 5:30 p.m. You can also check out our Virtual Viewbook to hear from our faculty, alumni, staff and students.
You should also know that we will conduct counseling by appointment only, and will be done either over the phone or via Zoom. You should email email@example.com to schedule this and for any other admissions related questions or concerns. We are unable to do campus tours, however a virtual tour of our campus is available for your convenience. We encourage you to visit our web page dedicated to Covid-19 for the most up-to-date information on University of the Pacific’s response.