To be considered for McGeorge's JSD program, applicants must present evidence of:
- Graduation from a school of law approved by the American Bar Association; or
- Admission to the Bar of a state in the United States; or
- Graduation from a faculty of law in a foreign country whose educational authority has authorized that faculty to issue degrees in law; and
- Graduation from a Master of Laws (LLM) program or equivalent.
Download application instructions.
JSD Application Deadline
The application deadline for the JSD program is March 15 for Fall (August) admission. Fall application will open after Sept. 8.
JSD Application Checklist
- Curriculum vitae (résumé);
- Statement of Interest indicating why you are interested in pursuing the JSD degree;
- A Topic Proposal describing your proposed dissertation topic and research objectives in specific terms (including the name of the professor you would like as your faculty supervisor);
- Legal writing sample such as a published article, monograph, or academic paper;
- Original official transcripts from colleges, universities, and graduate or professional schools attended, including a current law school transcript;
- Two letters of reference, from law school professors or legal employers who can attest to your subject-area knowledge and ability to conduct advanced legal research;
- For non-native English speakers, proof of English proficiency:
- Receipt of an undergraduate or graduate degree from an English language institution;
- Multi-year employment in a position in which English is the primary language of communication; or
- A minimum test score of 88 (Internet-based) on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), or 6.5 on the International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
Note to all applicants: Working with an agent will not affect your chances of acceptance and scholarship. All applicants should disclose in their application materials if they are working with an agent. We encourage all applicants to communicate directly with us at email@example.com.
Please, email us.