The Office of Student Affairs exists to support McGeorge law and public policy students from Orientation to Graduation. We advocate for students, and support extracurricular activities at the Law School including student organizations and student government, as well as a variety of all-school activities such as wellness programs, diversity and inclusion programs, academic advising programs, and other events that serve to entertain, educate, and cultivate an inclusive community in the Law School.
In addition, we assist students with personal matters, academic concerns, we support student-parents, students with disabilities, short term medical concerns, Title IX matters, and family emergencies. Members of our team can connect you to useful resources around the university. While many people are here to assist you during your time at McGeorge, we hope you will view our office as a useful resource and a good place to start with questions. We’re located in Northwest Hall (to the right of the Career Development Office).
Our office hours during the academic year are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. We also meet with students before and after-hours as needed, so please don’t hesitate to ask, particularly if your work schedule will not permit you to be on campus during business hours. Please use our scheduling link to schedule an appointment with Alicia Morrell, or contact us at 916.739.7089 or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Student Services Links
- McGeorge Student Affairs Canvas Page
- CAPS — Counseling and Psychological Services
- Disabled Student Services
- Academic Advising
- Registered Student Organizations
- Student Bar Association
- Code of Student Responsibility (pdf)
- Student Handbook (a.k.a. The Black Book) — JD (pdf)
- Grading and Advancement Rules — JD (pdf)
- Student Complaint Process & Form
- LLM Grading and Graduation Policies, Rules, Regulations and Procedures (pdf)
- JSD Grading and Graduation Policies, Rules, Regulations and Procedures (pdf)
- MPA, MPP and Master of Science in Law Grading and Graduation Policies, Rules, Regulations and Procedures (pdf)